Senior Logistics Planner – ISR Systems
Location: Ft Belvoir Virginia
Position Description: STS International is seeking a Senior Logistics Planner to manage and participate in planning, implementation, operation, and performance of logistics and procurement functions, including supply chain, acquisition, distribution, and transportation for a project that involves operating, maintaining, repairing and training on new and existing intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) systems and or like systems for a government client.
This position will be based at Fort Belvoir, Virginia with some travel to Arlington, Virginia required. All candidates must be within the local commuting area or be willing to relocate at his/her expense.
• Provide logistics subject matter expertise as a member of an Integrated Project Team in terms of acquisition, distribution, life cycle management, and accountability of project equipment.
• Collect and conduct analysis of sustainment and maintenance data in order to document trends and provide recommendations for process improvement to the Government client.
• Provide contract deliverables to Government customer, prepare documentation and provide briefings to senior Government and Military leaders.
• Assist PM and Field Service Technicians by maintaining a digital library of all operator training and manuals.
• Provide detailed analytical support to document trends in manufacturer support and prepares recommendations to the PM and client
• Manage logistics with special focus on long lead times to meet Warfighter needs.
• Provide deliverables in Maintenance Tracking and Small Site Administration or equivalent commercial Logistics Management software.
• Performs cost and sustainability analysis for Government-acquired non-standard Force Protection equipment to be provided to Army forces at various CONUS and OCONUS locations.
• Interact with third party original equipment manufacturers on behalf of the Government client to request quotes, negotiate pricing, and recommend suppliers providing the best value to the Government.
• Conduct vendor outreach for key ISR or like systems.
• Assist PM in monitoring timely execution of sub-contracts.
• Coordinate travel requirements for contractor personnel.
• Plan and coordinate training and maintenance support strategies that involve teams of trainers and technical experts in CONUS and at several locations OCONUS.
• Plan and execute transportation strategies for deployment of project equipment through military and commercial channels while ensuring compliance with ITAR and standard military and commercial policies and regulations.
• At least 10 years of relevant experience in Army Logistics;
• Logistics planning experience at the brigade level or higher;
• Relevant experience shall be in providing Logistics, subject matter expertise to Government agencies;
• Demonstrated experience in soliciting, negotiating, awarding, and evaluating contracts with commercial organizations, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, State, local and Foreign Governments;
• Must have demonstrated ability to analyze budgetary/financial data and development of financial charts graphs, and reports;
• Must have demonstrated understanding of Government acquisition and Department of Defense Transportation policies;
• Strong computer skills;
• Strong communication skills
• Must have ability to be flexible, adapt to changing requirements, and handle multiple tasks while meeting key deadlines;
• Able to operate as a member of a strong team as well as work independently to complete daily tasks and report status as required;
• Expertise in Department of Defense property accountability and transportation regulations, policies, and procedure;
• Familiarity with U.S. Army sustainment policies and best practices;
• Preferred retired Major-Colonel logistics officer with 10 years of active duty as a log planner.
Additional Candidate Requirements:
• Active DoD Clearance
• Bachelor’s degree in related field (Business Administration, Economics, Logistics, Transportation is preferred.
• Active U.S. DOD Secret Clearance is required
All interested candidates please apply at www.stsint.com/employment for immediate consideration. STS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.