| || |
Roles and responsibilities:
- Reporting to and working together with the Regional Overseas Security Manager (ROSM). Carrying out various duties in her absence. Ensuring a robust security posture is in place.
- Management of security at the British Embassy (BE) and Department for International Development (DFID) offices including residential properties.
- Supervising the guards in line with the local guarding contract.
- Provision of comprehensive advice to staff, BE/DFID management and official visitors, consultants, and contractors on security risks, policies and systems.
- Informing staff of security situations and monitoring situations - providing regular updates.
- Recording security incidents, providing written reports and assessments.
- Providing initial security briefings and advice to official visitors and new members of staff.
- Provision of advice on any physical security measures as directed by the ROSM or Post Security Officer.
- Undertaking regular risk assessments, proactively suggesting improvements, provision of costed proposals and the implementation of agreed changes.
- Carrying out and monitoring staff radios checks ensuring equipment is fully serviceable and that UK staff have an understanding of the equipment.
- Reporting faulty equipment and overseeing repairs .
- Responding to out of hours security emergencies or incidents where required.
- Having a key role in crisis management including fire, bomb and incident evacuation.
- Fire Safety Manager for the embassy, working together with the Health and Safety Manager
Essential qualifications and experience
- Ability and willingness to undergo a security vetting process
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent English verbal and written skills
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Professionally recognised qualification in the field of security
- Experience of working for a diplomatic mission
- Minimum 2 yrs management experience
For more information follow the link below.