| || |
Law Enforcement Advisor, Cameroon
Closing date for applications is: Midnight Sunday 29th May 2016.
ZOOLOGICAL SOCIETY OF LONDON is advertising for a Law Enforcement Advisor to work in Cameroon. Successful applicants will have strong experience in the field of law enforcement (intelligence gathering, information management and analysis, anti-corruption, anti-poaching, wildlife law or/and protected area management). They will have an excellent standard of spoken French and be able to communicate effectively in English. Proven capacity development skills with experience in developing training resources and delivering training are required. The applicant will be independently driven and show initiative, confident in verbal and written communications, excellent collaborative and inter-personal skills, and have good time management and organisational skills. Experience of project management and development is highly desirable, and a good understanding of biodiversity conservation issues in the region essential. The candidate should also have experience of living and working in developing countries, preferably in Central Africa.
The successful applicant will ideally be based in ZSL Cameroon’s office in Yaoundé, with frequent national travel to field sites in the South and East regions of Cameroon. However for the right candidate we will consider the option of being UK based with significant travel to Cameroon.
Qualifications & Experience
• Experience of living and working in developing countries, ideally Central Africa.
• A higher degree (MSc or above) in a subject related to conservation/natural resource management / wildlife law or equivalent level of work experience in a relevant field.
• Strong experience in the field of law enforcement (anti-corruption, anti-poaching, wildlife law or/and protected area management).
• Proven capacity building skills, experience in developing training resources and delivering training.
• Experience in project design, planning and management desirable.
• Experience of managing relationships with relevant partners.
• Experience of technical and financial report writing.
• A good understanding of current international and Africa specific illegal wildlife trade issues.
• Good understanding of intelligence management systems especially regarding sensitive information. Good understanding of relevant legal and procedural systems.
Skills & Abilities
• Fluent spoken and excellent written French essential.
• Ability to communicate in English desirable.
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Good cultural awareness and able to work effectively in different cultural environments.
• Strong organisational skills, with ability to carry out multiple tasks to deadlines.
• Personable and ability to work both within a team and with minimal supervision.
• Effective networking and people skills.
• Ability to manage enforcement databases.
• Excellent report-writing skills.
• Driver’s license preferred.
• Able and willing to work long hours and over weekends when required.
• Willing and able to travel to and spend time in project sites in Cameroon.
For more information follow the link below.