| || |
GARDAWORLD is advertising for a Security Manager to work in Erbil, Kurdistan. On task 17 April 2016. Rotation is 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off.
· 10 years’ experience in security.
· Previous Operations Management experience.
· Fluent in the English language.
· Must have experience of writing, complex security plans; coupled with developing standard operating procedures for the project locations.
· Must have previous operational experience in Kurdistan
· A good knowledge of oil and gas industry would help but not critical.
· A good knowledge of tribal and Provincial Leader sensitivities.
· Must have a good understanding of Health and Safety at work; making sure the HSE manager is informed of all issues in a timely manner.
· Must have experience to lead the team from the front; setting high standards for all to follow.
· Must be able to communicate with clients and prepare daily reports as well as prepare security briefs as required.
· Must be able to brief senior management about security related issues.
· Must have experience of dealing with Government officials; understand the complexity of local stakeholders and their position in Kurdistan.
· Strong communications and IT skills, including use of all Microsoft programmes; Excel, Word, Visio, Outlook
For more information follow the link below.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with INGOs in a security management position and/or field coordinator position with security management responsibility;
- Experience of crisis management systems;
- Ability to work under pressure to pursue multiple tasks simultaneously to successful conclusions;
- Must be able to work on their own initiative;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Committed team player;
- A good standard of spoken French is required.
- Experience of working in West Africa;
- Familiarity with English and/or French Creole would be useful.