| || |
HANDICAP INTERNATIONAL is advertising for a Security Advisor to work in Yemen.
The Security Advisor will be under the responsibility and the line management of the HoM with the technical support of the Head of Safety and Security Unit at HQ level. Within the framework of developing an overall safety and security strategy in Yemen, he/she will be in charge of;
1.Conducting security watch
2.Management of safety and security in coordination with the HoM
3.Ensuring and strengthening the HI security risk management model in country
4.Training and management
5.Reporting on the above mentioned activities to the HoM (the Desk on request).
6.Reporting on security data and contextual development/analysis with the regional security advisor
- Considerable and strong security planning and implementation work experience gained in the context of field relief operations in insecure areas.
- Capacity to provide basic security training to the staff and team members.
- Substantial experience of working in conflict-affected areas and of associated risks to personal and organisational security.
- Security assessment/review experience and analytical and planning skills.
- Substantial experience in developing of security management.
- Experience of working with INGO and substantial experience of working with teams of people with varying experience of security planning and management.
- Prior experience in the area a strong asset.
- Experience in setting up security networks.
- Experience and ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams.
- Proven excellence in communication and liaison skills.
- Good oral and written reporting skills in English.
- Good written and spoken English is essential, Arabic would be a distinct advantage.
- Initiative and creative thinking, patience, sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to work under pressure and in response to changing needs.
For more information follow the link below.