| || |
Deputy Country Director – Afghanistan
Hart is looking for a Deputy Country Director in Afghanistan to join the team. You will have completed a successful military career with at least three years senior management gained within the private security industry. Commercially adept with a keen eye for detail, you will act as the Deputy for the Country Director and manage all aspects of Hart Afghanistan operations.
Your role will include but not limited to:
a. Business Development (BD). Primary tasks in respect of BD are to
1) Manage current clients positively to ensure that Hart's performance on current contracts is fully compliant and is meeting client expectations in all respects.
2) Contribute to and support COD's Afghanistan BD Plan – follow up local business opportunities.
3) Assist managing the important network of Afghanistan Government contacts to facilitate Hart's operations and compliance within Afghanistan.
1) Manage all elements of current business operations running in Kabul and its hinterland – operationally.
2) Assist Hart's operations elsewhere in Afghanistan as directed by COD
3) Ensure that the Kabul Operations Centre is effective and run efficiently.
4) Contribute to the process of reviewing and amending Hart's SOPs in conjunction with the COD.
5) Provide management oversight of HSE, PSC1/ISO18788 and Quality Assurance Plans – conduct checks and inspections on a frequent but irregular basis.
6) Take the lead in managing incidents that occur within your area of responsibility.
7) Ensure that operator skills and knowledge are maintained at a suitable level at all times through training and rotation.
c. Legal. Ensure that all Hart business operations are conducted within national and international laws and regulations and, additionally, in accordance with the principles laid down in the International Code of Conduct for private security companies.
d. Communications. Direct and monitor Hart's external and internal communications in the Kabul area
(1) External communications priorities are: government and client relationships, marketing and reputational issues.
(2) Internal communications must include:
(d) Grievance Procedures
(e) Reporting in accordance with Company policy
We are looking for the right person to fulfil the role of Deputy. You will have a:
1) Successful military career achieving Warrant Officer rank
2) BTEC Level 5 Security Management qualification or equivalent
3) NEBOSH qualification or equivalent
4) Computer literate – fully conversant with Microsoft Office suite
5) Minimum of 3 years' commercial management experience
6) Experience and understanding of the private security and risk management industry.
7) Physically and Mentally Fit.
1) Project Management/PRINCE 2 qualification or equivalent
2) Experience of working in austere and challenging environments.
3) Experience working in the Middle East – preferably Afghanistan.
4) Working knowledge of the Dari language
Please send your CV of no more than 3 pages to email@example.com with the vacancy in the subject line. What are you waiting for? Applications close 14 March 2016.